Current research lines
General Research Topics:
- Plant-animal interactions (mostly herbivory, seed dispersal).
- Plant-plant interactions (facilitation vs competition as drivers of community dynamics).
- Global Change Ecology (population and community responses).
- Ecology of forest regeneration in Mediterranean environments.
- Restoration Ecology (biodiversity restoration).
- Ecology and biodiversity of Mediterranean Ecosystems (particularly High Mountain Ecosystems).
- Forest Ecology.
- Bizarre ecological interactions (carnivorous plants ( Pinguicula..), parasitic plants ( Viscum…). etc.)
Specific Key words (more related to my current research):
- Interaction between interactions (plant-plant vs plant-animal interactions).
- Mobile links.
- Ecological monitoring.
- Emerging ecosystems.
- Ecological interactions as drivers of passive restoration processes and ecosystem services.
- Scale-dependence of plant-animal interactions.
- Global change and forest pests.
- Global change: forest migration and regeneration.
- Ecology of parasitic plants (Viscum album): the balance of plant-plant/plant- animal interactions.